Senior Human Resources Assistant
Open to Internal Candidates Only
Position Title : Senior Human Resources Assistant
Duty Station : Amman – Jordan
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade G6
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Vacancy number : JOR/058/2016
Closing Date : 06 September 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Organizational Context and Scope
Under the overall supervision of the Sr. Resource Management Officer and the direct supervision of Resource Management Officer, the incumbent is responsible for the coordination and implementation of the Human Resources activities in the IOM Mission in Amman, Jordan.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Monitors and coordinate the work of HR staff to ensure quality output and timely delivery of HR services throughout the Mission.
2. Responsible for the timely and quality recruitment of national staff following in accordance to IOM Rules and Regulations including review of Terms of Reference, posting of Vacancy Notice, conducting shortlisting and interviews, preparation of Candidates Assessment and Recommendation Forms, assigning recruitment tasks to other HR staff.
3. Responsible for renewal of local staff contracts, extension and personnel actions, as approved by Head of Department(s) in coordination with COM, SRMO, RMO and PAC, in a timely fashion.
4. Update PRISM records in relation to changes to staff members’ contractual and personal status.
5. Assists in analyzing and resolving HR issues/complaints in the mission through fact based information, institutional knowledge and best practice sharing
6. Responsible for checking staff attendance records on monthly basis before it’s distributed and follow up with time keeper staff and SM’s whenever it’s needed, as well as tracking staff members annual leaves balances and notify the staff and the supervisor when there is a need.
7. Prepare the monthly payroll through PRISM HR: check the calculation of salaries and entitlements, deductions, staff projectization, generating file for banking transfer, posting to account, prepare payment requests as per approved payroll, exit from payroll, notify UNJSPF Dept, prepare and send PEF MSP, PEF CP reports to HCU in PAC. Prepare CP file for finance.
8. Prepare and Review consultancy, internship contracts and coordinate with the Heads of unit.
9. Create and update personnel files for international staff members, ensuring all relevant documentation is present and up to date. . Review and process payments due to International staff which are to be paid locally.
10. Process the separation documents for local staff including preparation and issuance of separation notices as per IOM Guidelines on notice periods, coordinating with PAC the submission of the separation clearance forms and staff entitlements before releasing the final payment.
11. Responsible for calculating and updating MSP staff percentage in PRISM and reconcile their deductions every month with finance. Also ensure the correct premiums are being deducted for the staff on the Medical Service Plan (MSP).
12. Responsible for preparing local staff promotion calculation and complete other formalities and reflect the changes in staff records into PRISM after PAC’s approval.
13. Keep and maintain Amman’s mission Organizational Chart updated.
14. Assist in Preparation of the Mission Annual Budget in coordination with the SRMO and the RMO
15. Maintain and update all IOM Instructions issued by HQ’s, as well as Instructions and Memoranda issued locally related to Human Resources policies, rules and practices.
16. Work to increase capacity of other HR staff on Human Resource procedures and PRISM HR functions.
17. Deliver induction packages and brief staff members on issues relating to human resources matters.
18. Prepare correspondence to respond to enquiries on relevant human resources matters; review correspondence drafted by assistants prior to clearance by the RMO/SRMO as appropriate.
19. Evaluate and recommend procedures. Participates in discussions on new/revised procedures and practices and assess the impact of changes and makes recommendations on follow up actions;
20. Provide explanation to staff pertaining to their entitlements and HR policies, rules and regulations
21. Assist managers in evaluating staffing needs and drafting ToRs.
22. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Social Sciences or related field
• At least 6 years working experience in the HR Field, in a high volume operation (4 years if combination with a Bachelor’s degree).
• At least 2 years supervisory experience or related functions preferably with an international organization
• Prior experience in usage of SAP an added advantage
• Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills with proven ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team of colleagues.
• Mature individual, able to work independently under pressure, well organized, able to maintain accuracy, paying attention to details, meeting deadlines and working with minimal supervision.
• Solid computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Packages (Office, excel, Power point, outlook) internet and E-mail
Fluency in English language and Arabic language is required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA)
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. In addition, a clearance from the local government (“Court Clearance”) needs to be provided by the applicant.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org , by 06 September 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement and VN #.
For further information, please refer to:
From 28 August 2016 to 06 September 2016