Project Assistant, Communications
Open to Internal & External Candidates
Position Title : Project Assistant, Communications (9 Positions)
Duty Station : Amman – Jordan
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade G4
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : November 12, 2016
Vacancy No. : JOR/085/2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment
Applications from qualified female candidates are encouraged
Internal candidates who meet the eligibility criteria (Considered as first-tier candidates)
External candidates (considered as second- tier candidates)
Organizational Context and Scope
The United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) operates world-wide with a target of providing resettlement opportunities to 85,000 or more refugees each year. IOM provides a range of services and support to the USRAP including, but not limited to, case processing, migration health assessments, cultural orientation training, organized transportation and administration of a travel loan and collections program. Some 1200 multi-disciplinary staff members work in support of the USRAP which has an annual budget in the range of USD 200 million. The Department of Operations and Emergencies (DOE), specifically the Resettlement and Movement Division (RMM), has the organizational responsibility to provide direction, oversight and guidance to IOM’s global support to all resettlement programs.
Under the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP), the Resettlement Support Center (RSC) provides critical support and processing services for refugee resettlement to the US. As part of an MOU between IOM and the US State Department Bureau for Population Refugees and Migration (PRM), IOM manages the RSC for REGION (MENA). RSC MENA manages US resettlement activities in COUNTRIES. RSC MENA prepares refugee applications for adjudication by and provides support to visiting US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, facilitates security and medical screenings, provides information about arriving refugees to resettlement agencies in the US and offers Cultural Orientation (CO) training to refugees departing for the US.
Under the general supervision of the Project Officer OR National Project Officer, Communications, RSC MENA, the direct supervision of the Project Administrator OR Senior Project Assistant, Communications, RSC MENA, and with monitoring and guidance from the Project Focal Point, Communications, RSC MENA, the Project Assistant is responsible for undertaking communication activities, with the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Undertake communications activities in an assigned area or areas, such as such as case consultation, the information center or public affairs.
2. Assist in providing efficient and effective case consultation services for refugee individuals who appear in-person at RSC MENA, by providing efficient, effective, accurate, clear and courteous information to individuals during case consultation.
3. Provide information to refugee individuals through the RSC ACRONYM information center, ensuring that all communication undertaken by phone, email, through website(s) and other technological means and, if relevant, in person, is efficient, effective, accurate, clear and courteous. Assist in verifying the information provided by the RSC MENA information Center is up to date, relevant and accessible to all persons, including to at-risk individuals, and that the staff members providing the information are adequately trained.
4. In close coordination with supervisors, as requested, assist with activities related to public affairs, including, as assigned, assisting with producing and distributing materials for individuals served by RSC MENA, RSC management, IOM, partners and donors, including print, audio, visual and online materials.
5. Update WRAPS as needed with communications-related content.
6. Undertake QC of communications-related data in WRAPS and other communications tools such as email systems as directed by Communications team members or supervisors. Proactively bring to the attention of supervisors communications-related backlogs or other issues.
7. Provide regular reports on the work being accomplished to the Project Focal Point, Communications, and/or supervisors and team members.
8. Undertake duty travel as needed to participate in meetings or training.
9. Demonstrate a solid understanding of the USRAP, SOPs and WRAPS, as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with refugee applicants and colleagues.
10. Maintain the confidentiality and integrity of all RSC-related information by implementing control procedures in line with USRAP standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert the Project Focal Point, Project Coordinator or RSC management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by RSC staff members.
11. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education & Experience:
Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
or University degree in Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience, preferably in administrative support or similar roles; or
Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and SharePoint.
Previous work experience in international organizations and companies would be an advantage. Prior experience maintaining websites using content management solutions would be an advantage.
Fluency in English language and Arabic language is required.
A) Provides constructive feedback to colleagues; B) Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies C) Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs .D) Monitors own work to correct errors E) Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings F) Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work G) Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients H) Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries I) Keeps clients informed of developments and setbacks J) Contributes to colleagues' learning K) Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills L) Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas. M) Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area N) Actively shares relevant information O) Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures P) Writes clearly and effectively, adjusting wording to the intended audience) Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience) Actively seeks new ways of improving programs or services S) Expands responsibilities while maintaining existing ones T) Persuades others to consider new ideas.U) Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems V) Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations W) Uses staff evaluations appropriately in recruitment and other relevant HR procedures X)creates and comply with respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA);EE) incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation; Y) displays awareness of relevant technological solutions resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. In addition to a clearance from the local government “Court Clearance”.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and a clearance from the local government “Court Clearance”. Additional point
How to apply:
- Interested external candidates are invited to submit their applications plus a cover letter via Akhtaboot website, by November 12, 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement and VN #.
- Interested Internal candidates need to submit their application plus a cover letter to email@example.com by November 12, 2016, their updated IOM Personal History (PH) Form or E-recruit Internal Candidate profile generated from PRISM Portal indicating the vacancy number and position title as mentioned in the vacancy notice he/she applied for in the email Subject line. Any application without this information in the subject line will be excluded from the applications.
For further information, please refer to:
https://www.akhtaboot.com & http://www.iom.int/
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications received as advised above.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the Akhtaboot website.
From 30.10.2016 to 12.11.2016