Open to Internal & External Candidates
Position Title : HR/Admin Assistant (6 Positions)
Duty Station : Amman – Jordan
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade G4
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Vacancy number : JOR/060/2016
Closing Date : 06 September 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Organizational Context and Scope
Under the overall supervision of the RMO and direct supervision of the Senior Human Resources Assistant, the Human Resources Assistant will provide assistance in human resources activities in Amman. S/he will be working in close coordination with other Human Resources functional teams and some coordination with the Proc/Log and Finance units, Project Managers and other relevant departments in the mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for tracking and analysing of Travel Authorizations (TA) by assigning a unique number to the TAs submitted by all staff members in the mission, ensure that TA is complete and in line with travel regulation, obtain the approval, scan and send back the approved TA to the staff members.
2. Responsible for preparing of Travel Expenses Claim (TEC) by ensure complete supporting document submitted by all staff members in the mission, ensure that the calculation is correct and in line with travel regulation, before submission to Finance Unit.
3. Provide back up and assistance in recruiting national staffs: posting the SVN, long-listing and submit the long-listed application to the concerned unit; arrange interviews of candidates; provide back up to conduct interview, carry out reference checks for short-listed candidates; and sending offering/regret letter to the candidate. Ensure that all the requirements for the new-hiring staff are completed, including to arrange for security briefing and medical examination for incoming staff.
4. Keep record of activities serviced by the Human Resources unit, classify materials for filing and coordinate with the colleagues in the unit for proper filing. Establish and maintain personnel files (contracts, PAs, personal data, supporting documents, etc) of national staff, consultants/interns and all international staff in the mission.
5. Keep track on national staff attendance, leave and working hours records in Amman office.
6. Update and maintain Staff Count report and Organograms.
7. Responsible for contract extension and personal action for national/on-call staff, consultants and interns and provide back up in preparing contract and personal action for new hires: to input, update and maintain the data in PRISM related to the contract extension and PO creation for consultants/interns; monitor national staff contract status and entitlements (including to ensure the corresponding upgrades and salary increments), assist for the distribution of national staff contract documents in Amman office.
8. Assist in preparing and checking overtime for staff member in the mission
9. Prepare request form and supporting documents for creating Prism Vendor numbers for consultant/interns.
10. Handle staff enquiries on HR matters, training and guidance on HR activities for staff in Amman
11. Handle preparation and administration of consultant fee, daily contract payment and interns allowance payment, including submitting the RFP to Finance Unit by ensuring the correctness of the payment according to their contract.
12. Provide back up in family allowance preparation and administration for national staff in the mission.
13. Facilitate national staff MSP application, participation and claim administration by forwarding all relevant documents to HCPU Manila.
14. Facilitate national staff MSP reimbursement and claim that authorized by HCPU, including prepare and submit the payment request to Finance Unit for the reimbursement, and ensure that the payment is carried out on the current month.
15. Coordinate with other HR colleagues to handle administration of national staff entry, annual and exit medical examinations.
16. Provide back up in processing hospital direct payment approval and administration.
17. Responsible for the preparation of all staff documents related to the separation of national staff member: attendance sheet, calculation of annual leave and compensatory leave balance.
18. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education & Experience
• Diploma Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, accounting or alternatively, a combination of relevant experience in these fields, University Degree is advantage.
• Previous experience in human resources and administration unit at an international organization is an advantage.
• At least minimum four years of experience in human resources and administration with high school diploma or two years of experience in human resources and administration with bachelor degree
Fluency in English language and Arabic language is required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Maintain and respect the respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA)
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. In addition, a clearance from the local government (“Court Clearance”) needs to be provided by the applicant.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via Akhtaboot website, by 06 September 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement and VN # JOR/060/2016.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed in Akhtaboot website.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the Akhtaboot website.
From 28 August 2016 to 06 September 2016