Open to Internal & External Candidates
Position Title : HR Assistant (2 Positions)
Duty Station : Amman – Jordan
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade G5
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Vacancy number : JOR/059/2016
Closing Date : 06 September 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Organizational Context and Scope
Under the general supervision of Senior Resource Management Officer, and the direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer and under guidance of the Senior Human Resources Assistant, the Human Resources Assistant (G5) will be performing the following functions:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the timely and quality recruitment of national staff following in accordance to IOM Rules and Regulations, including review of Terms of Reference, posting of Vacancy Notice, conducting short listing and interviews, preparation of Candidates Assessment and Recommendation Forms..
2. Assists in coordinating international recruitment with project managers and MHRO.
3. Assists in analysing and resolving HR issues/complaints in the mission through fact based information, institutional knowledge and best practice sharing.
4. Prepares the payroll through PRISM HR for IOM Amman staff covering: calculation of salaries and entitlements, staff projectization, generating file for banking transfer; preparing payment requests as per approved payroll.
5. Prepare and Review consultancy contracts and coordinate with the Heads of unit and with RMO to ensure they are in order.
6. Prepare payments for international staff entitlements i,e; installation grants, DSA as per their contracts and local benefits within the mission upon arrival and while in the mission.
7. Implementing updates to the Organizational structure and checking the data to ensure it is consistent, accurate and meet the need of each unit of the mission and various departments of the organization.
8. Prepare the promotion calculation for national staff as and when it is required.
9. Arrange for staff entry on duty medical examination and medically fit certificate and also ensure the correct premiums are being deducted for the staff on the Medical Service Plan (MSP).
10. Responsible for the preparation of all reports on personnel matters to headquarters (personnel Establishment, MSP, CP, UNJSPF, Requests for changes to the personnel establishment, etc).
11. Maintain attendance records of international staff and national staff in Jordan.
12. Prepare Terminal Emoluments in coordination with Senior HR Assistants and RMO as required.
13. Maintain and update all IOM General Instructions, General Bulletins as well as Instructions and Memoranda issued locally related to Human Resources policies, rules and practices.
14. Trains any new Admin staff on PRISM HR and Human Resources procedures in the mission.
15. Prepare the separation clearance for international and national staff
16. Respond to HR queries from staff in the mission.
17. Assist in the implementation of the performance management process
18. Ensure that staffs’ documentation and personnel files are in order and complete with the all necessary documentations.
19. Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education & Experience
Bachelor degree /Higher Diploma or equivalent in Human Resources, Finance, Social science and/or related field.
At least 5 years work experience in Human Resources, payroll, finance and benefits administration.
Experience in SAP is a must.
Fluency in English language and Arabic language is required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA)
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. In addition, a clearance from the local government (“Court Clearance”) needs to be provided by the applicant.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via Akhtaboot website, by 06 September 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement and VN #.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed in Akhtaboot website.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the Akhtaboot website.
From 28 August 2016 to 06 September 2016