CANVAC Client Service Assistant
Open to Internal & External Candidates
Position Title : CANVAC Client Service Assistant
Duty Station : Amman – Jordan
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade G4
Type of Appointment : Special Short Term, Nine months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 12 November 2016
Vacancy No. : JOR/084/2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of Chief of Mission, general oversight of the Immigration & Border Management (IBM) Division’s Immigration & Visa Support Solutions (IVSS) Unit at HQ and direct supervision of Sr. Regional Program Coordinator, the Incumbent will provide administrative support for the Canadian Visa Application Centre operated by IOM; The incumbent shall perform the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Provide client service excellence to applicants at all times, in full compliance with the CIC Statement of Work (SOW) and the CIC Service Standards.
2. Assist in the provision of client information: distribution of application forms, information sheets and checklists regarding visa requirements; assist with telephone, fax, e-mail, chat and SMS inquiries from clients (including requirements for submitting visa applications and the location of client’s passport), providing timely and accurate information to clients; marketing and providing assistance to clients with Value Added Services including but not limited to Self-Service and Assisted Data Entry services. Informing clients of any changes to visa requirements or submission procedures.
3. Assist in the collection and forwarding of complete applications as per CIC checklists, including biometrics collection: provide guidance to clients on the proper completion of application forms, while reviewing and collecting same applications along with any supporting / additional documents, as required; record, dispatch and follow up on applications and passports; arrange appointments for visa applicants who require interview, as required.
4. Collection of Fees: Where required, collect the applicable Canadian visa fee(s) and IOM service fee(s); issue accurate receipts; daily reconciliation of receipts and reporting same; Safe keeping of all applications, supporting documentation and fees collected and responsible for CANVAC office keys;
5. Data Capture; Assist in maintaining a high degree of skill in using the CANVAC software platform provided; enter all applicant data, enrol biometrics as required, submit application documents in the required order, while forwarding all applicant, passport and appointment information to CIC; ensure accurate tracking of both applications and supporting documents via the CANVAC software’s bar code scanning system;
6. Returning of passports, supporting documentation and visa decisions. Assist in collecting processed applications; returning processed applications, passports and supporting documentation;
7. Reporting: Assist in maintaining accurate and detailed records of all applications and fees received, and biometrics enrolled and report these records daily;
8. Maintain a professional appearance and migrant friendly demeanour at all times;
9. Maintain positive working relationships with IOM’s Lead VAC Partner, VFS Global and CIC staff locally.
10. Immediately inform management of any problems or issues related to her/his daily work and regularly make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and client service.
11. Comply with the IOM Policy for a Respectful Working Environment”, “IOM Confidentiality Agreement”, “IOM Data Protection Manual”, IOM Standards of Conduct”, and the “IOM Policy on Reporting Irregular Practices, Wrongdoing and Misconduct”.
12. Such other duties as may be assigned by the Chief, Financial Services in Manila, IVSS/IBM Unit at HQ and the VAC Regional Team Leaders.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education & Experience
• High School Degree/ Certificate supplemented by courses in related fields plus four years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting & capacity preferred; Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities;
• Bachelors / equivalent or higher degree in Business Management, Client Services, Social Science or related discipline preferred; or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience; plus two years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting & capacity preferred; Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities;
Excellent computer skills, especially in MS Office; Strong interpersonal & intercultural skills with an attention to detail; Team player.
Excellent knowledge of English/Arabic (with additional French language skills preferred), both written and spoken.
A) Provides constructive feedback to colleagues; B) Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies C) Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
D) Monitors own work to correct errors E) Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings F) Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
G) Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
H) Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries I) Keeps clients informed of developments and setbacks
J) Contributes to colleagues' learning K) Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
L) Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
M) Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area N) Actively shares relevant information O) Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures P) Writes clearly and effectively, adjusting wording to the intended audience
Q) Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
R) Actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services S) Expands responsibilities while maintaining existing ones T) Persuades others to consider new ideas
U) Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems V) Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations W) Uses staff evaluations appropriately in recruitment and other relevant HR procedures X)creates and comply with respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA);EE) incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation; Y) displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. In addition to a clearance from the local government “Court Clearance”.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and a clearance from the local government “Court Clearance”. Additional point
How to apply:
- Interested external candidates are invited to submit their applications plus a cover letter via Akhtaboot website, by November 12, 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement and VN #.
- Interested Internal candidates need to submit their application plus a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 12, 2016, their updated IOM Personal History (PH) Form or E-recruit Internal Candidate profile generated from PRISM Portal indicating the vacancy number and position title as mentioned in the vacancy notice he/she applied for in the email Subject line. Any application without this information in the subject line will be excluded from the applications.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications received as advised above.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the Akhtaboot website.
From 30.10.2016 to 12.11.2016